Linking to Discussions, Wiki Pages or External Sites
To make a link to a location other than a room, for example, a place in the discussions or an external site on the internet, the instructions are very similar for making a door, except that you need to use the Make Link button in Decorate mode.
- Go to a room you already own.
- You will need a piece of furniture to turn into link furniture. If you do not already have furniture in the current room that you wish to use as a door to the new room, follow these steps:
- Choose Stuff → Furniture.
- Check the Add to room box next to any item you want to add to the room.
- Click on the Room icon in the control bar and select the Decorate button . If you added a piece of furniture to the room to use as link furniture, you will already be in Decorate mode.
- Choose the furniture that you wish to turn into link furniture by clicking it in the room.
- In the Decorate panel, there is a door icon labeled "Make Link." Click on it.
- A popup window will appear with two text areas. The first if for your link starting with http:// and the second is for the tooltip text that will show up when you mouse over the link furniture.
- Click on the "OK" button and your furniture will be linked.
- Click on the Room icon in the control bar and select the Decorate Room button to get into furniture arranging mode.
- Choose the link furniture that you wish to undo by clicking it in the room.
- Click on the "Drop Link" button in the Decorating Room window and your furniture will be a normal, non-linked piece of furniture again.