- If you are looking for the Whirled game, go to Bang! Heroes.
Bang! Howdy is Three Rings' second online game project. Instead of being pirate-themed, however, this game is set in the Wild West. It's also quite different from Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates, with a very different style of play as it uses 3-D Java rendering, causing the game to use more memory, therefore some computers that can run Puzzle Pirates fine may still struggle with this new game.
About the Game
Bang Howdy is a third-person strategy game that can be described as "Bnav meets Cops & Robbers meets Mario Kart". Details are scarce at the moment, but some things are nonetheless public knowledge:
- There will be a new microcurrency system, similar to doubloons, used to pay for equipment and clothing for your avatar.
- The game will feature incidental bonuses called "cards", which can be obtained through various means, and will afford temporary power to a player.
- The game is multiplayer, with up to four players on a table permitted. The game can also be played against AI.
- The game will feature music, described as "Spaghetti Western meets break-beat"
- The game will have multiple scenarios such as "Gold Rush", "Cattle Rustling", and "Claim Jumping".
- The game will allow players to buy "clothes" for their avatar that other players can see.
Jack, known as Sheriff Mike to Bang! Howdy players, leads the game's development.
Bang! Howdy has been released as of December 2007. Visit Bang! Howdy Website