Image Formats & Graphics Editors
Whirled accepts all internet friendly image types: GIF, JPG/JPEG, and PNG.
The list of useful programs has links and descriptions for a variety of graphics editors that are either free or available for purchase.
- Choose Me -> Images to see the images you own.
- Scroll down to the "How do I get stuff?" section.
- Click the Upload... button to get the image uploading interface.
- Click on the Name field and enter a name to identify your image.
- Click Browse in Image Media and find the file for your image.
- Click Browse in Furniture Media and find the bitmap (png, jpg or gif) file representing your image. This determines what the clickable image looks like when a player encounters it in Whirled. (optional, a copy of the image will be used if a different one is not chosen)
- Click Browse in Thumbnail Media and find the bitmap (png, jpg or gif) file for your image's icon or thumbnail as it will be seen in My Stuff or the shop if listed. (max. 80x60) (optional, a copy of the image will be used if a different one is not chosen)
- Click on the Description field and enter a description of your image. (optional)
- Confirm that you own the copyrights to the item or have authorization to upload it.
- Click on the Extras tab.
- Whirled automatically generates a preview image and a thumbnail for you, but you can upload your own on the Extras tab.
- Click Save to put your image in your inventory for use.
- Choose Stuff -> Images to see the images you own.
- Click the name or icon of the image you want to list in the shop.
- Click the List Item button to bring up the shop listing interface.
- Item Description: The listed text will appear in the shop on the item's details page.
- Initial Rating: The initial rating you give your item will determine the minimum pricing and listing fee. Read about it in detail here.
- Branding: You can sell the item under a brand in order to share profits with all of the brand shareholders. This is for use with group creation projects. Read about it in detail here.
- Attribution: You can also attribute your item, giving credit for the original work. This will affect your listing currency and minimum price. Read about it in detail here.
- Strategy: This setting determines the item pricing strategy. The options are Hidden, Manual (default), Escalate, and Limited Edition. Each option is described to the right when selected.
- Sales Target: This field appears only when Escalate or Limited Edition option selected for Strategy.
- Currency: This lets you choose to list your item for coins (creators receive coins) or bars (creators receive bling).
- Cost: This number determines the initial cost of your listed image.
- Click List it! to add your image in the shop, ready for purchase.
You can learn more about listing items by reading the list article which includes information on what is and is not allowed.