Finding and Inviting Players to be your Friend
If you already know someone that has a Whirled account or you think someone you know has one, you can try searching for their profile in the friends section of the Me tab by using their permaname, email address, Whirled name, or real name. Then click on "Add as Friend" and a popup will let you customize the message they receive from you.
If you don't know anyone that plays Whirled, you can search for people with the same interests as you and invite them to be your friend by clicking on "Add as Friend." Also, you can meet other players in rooms, through discussions in Groups, and by playing games with others. When you find a new friend this way, either look up their profile or click on their avatar and select "Invite to be your friend." Adding a friend by the avatar clicking route does not allow you to customize your message and you simply get a notice that "Your friend request was successfully mailed." The default mail text is "Let's be buddies!"
When your friend request is accepted, that person will be listed on your profile as a friend and you will be listed on their profile as a friend. Being friends also makes it easier for you to invite each other to play multiplayer games together and find & join them in a room when they are online.
The status of a Whirled friend request is now saved. On someone's profile page, you can see which of the four states your relationship is in
- Not friends (no requests sent)
- Pending request to you
- Pending request by you
- Friends (request accepted)
You can retract or confirm friend requests using profile pages. You cannot send a friend request if one is already pending
Step by Step Instructions on Adding Friends
- Choose Me → Friends to start connecting up with your friends.
- Type in a friend's real name, email address or Whirled (display) name and click Search to find their Profile. Hint: If you play other games such as Puzzle Pirates or Bang! Howdy, you may find that friends from those games have used the same name in Whirled.
- Click on their name to view their profile page.
- Click Send Mail to send them a mail in Whirled or click Invite to be Your Friend to add them to your Friends list.
- It's easy to meet new people in Whirled too, especially with Groups. Choose Groups to see the wide range of friendly Whirled communities. Groups which currently contain other players may be found and entered by scrolling through "Featured Groups" under the Groups tab.
Batch Friend Requests
After hanging out in a room or playing a game, you may be asked if you want to befriend the people you were with.
Invite Friends to Join Whirled
If you'd like to invite friends to join Whirled, go to the Me tab, select the Friends link in the blue bar and click on the orange "Invite Them!" button.
For email invitations, you can import addresses from your email account if you use:
The invitation email will come from a threerings.net server. The standard text of the email looks like this:
|From: <YOUR_ACCOUNT EMAIL>|
You have been invited to join Whirled, the exciting player-created online
Enter Whirled here:
-- The Keepers of the Peas
If your friends join through your email invitation links, they will automatically be added as your friend.